The Unofficial Guide to Augusta’s Best Walls
This Augusta mural guide strives to be a comprehensive directory to our River Region’s most vibrant + colorful + ‘grammable walls. Many of these walls are more than just artsy-fartsy photo ops: some of them speak of Augusta’s history; some profess the affinity Augusta’s people have for her; and others proclaim the quirk + eclectic spirit of our fair city. And why not? Art-centric Augusta has lots of colorful love to share.
This guide is dynamic, growing with our city’s art-explosive evolution. I invite you to check back often.
Welcome to our Augusta’s double-tap inducing mural tour!
WHAT YOU’LL FIND:
- photo(s) of the mural
- the addresses so you may visit
- the artist’s name + name of mural including helpful links to more information
If you are aware of artist credit but see it is missing, please let me know.
Below is a map so you can easily locate each one. COMING SOON.
I hope you enjoy using this guide as much as I have enjoyed putting it together. Please tag your photos #nakedaugustamuralguide + share with your color loving friends! XXOO Ann Beth @nakedepicurean
Part of Augusta’s allure is its beautiful flowers, so it’s no wonder it is nicknamed the Garden City. As you drive through the Harrisburg neighborhood, grab your cameras to capture these two beautification projects by husband + wife team Wes and Colleen Beyer Stewart. “Harrisburg Biome 1” is on the Calhoun Expressway underpass on the north side of Crawford Avenue.
“Harrisburg Biome 2” is on the Calhoun Expressway underpass on Eve Street.
- HARRISBURG BIOME 1 and HARRISBURG BIOME 2 by Wes Stewart @regalhyena + Colleen Beyer Stewart @colleenbeyerstewart
- Crawford Avenue underpass
As you enter downtown Augusta via 15th Street and Jones Street, you are greeted by “Dazzle” by Jason Craig.
This pretty in pink picture-perfect photo op is the gateway to the revitalization + burgeoning exuberance that is Downtown Augusta. I’m tempted to give it its own hashtag: #theaugustadazzle. Jason is the brainchild of much of our city’s art. You will find he has left his brushstrokes on–and in–many of our buildings.
Stand near this mural and feel its energy.
On the river side of the intersection of Reynolds and 12th St is the Georgia Cyber Center. On the right side of the left building is a set of stairs leading to the river. Between the building and the stairs is the eye-popping
- INNOVATION MURAL OF AUGUSTA by Aort Reed @aort1982
- Georgia Cyber Center
- 100 Grace Hopper Lane, Augusta GA 30901
One of our city’s most eclectic murals, the Innovation Mural features Augusta’s own timeless + tireless + incomparable Miss Sharon Jones. Several of Augusta’s murals feature Reed’s raw + colorful work.
Garden City Social is a lively spot, known for its amazing bartenders, bar games, and dancing. During business hours you will find this great photo op.
- ENJOY EVERY MOMENT by Autumn Von Plinsky @avonplinsky
- Garden City Social
- 1157 Broad Street, Augusta GA 30901
During business hours, wet your whistle at Augusta’s first distillery and pin your home state on this wall mural.
- UNITED STATES OF AMERICA Pin Map
- Second City Distilling Co
- 4 8th Street, Augusta, GA 30901
Cross 8th Street to visit Noble Jones where “southern meets unexpected.”
Enjoy this indoor mural during business hours.
- NOBLE JONES mural by Courtney Wier @ckwier
- Noble Jones restaurant
- 816 Cotton Lane, Augusta GA 30901
On 11th Street you will find two murals. One is a large-scale, photo-realistic portrait of an indigenous sage.
- (UNTITLED) by Lee Ann Culver
- 1051 11th Street , Augusta GA 30901
Next on 11th Street is a commissioned mural: “The Garden City Project.”
- THE GARDEN CITY PROJECT by Autumn Von Plinsky @avonplinsky
- 1051 11th Street , Augusta GA 30901
This mural of Augusta’s network of streets is superimposed with adorning flowers, each with its own personal backstory. Visit @thegardencityproject on Instagram to learn of the inspiration for this mural.
The indoor walls of Pineapple Ink Tavern have been “inked” by four of Augusta’s finest.
Drop in during business hours to see all the murals.
- Inked walls by artists Railey Warren @artsyrew, Colleen Beyer Stewart @colleenbeyerstewart, Jason Craig @jasonthe29th, and Daniel James
- Pineapple Ink Tavern restaurant
- 1002 Broad Street, Augusta GA 30901
You will find this mural by April Henry King in the rear courtyard of The Southern Salad restaurant.
- SOSAL AUGUSTA mural by April Henry King @aprilhenryking
- The Southern Salad restaurant
- 1008 Broad St, Augusta GA 30901
The crisp vegetables practically jump off the wall of this old school building that has been repurposed as a lively eatery. I once heard King say this was one of her favorite murals.
Cut through The Southern Salad to get to Augusta & Co. Browse curated local merch and pick up some informational pamphlets. Then take a photo with this mural.
- mural of Augusta designed by Gensler and created by Communigraphics
- Augusta & Co.
- 1010 Broad Street, Augusta GA 30901
Who doesn’t need some HAPPY in life? Porkchop’s iconic robots spread love to everyone they meet, and this southside wall adjacent to Tire City Potters is no exception.
This bright mural has cemented itself as a backdrop for photo ops in Augusta.
- HAPPY by Leonard Porkchop Zimmerman Jr. @pantone811
- 2240, 210 10th St # B, Augusta, GA 30901
Behind Tire City Potters is a gorgeous weathered cerulean blue backdrop for the four-word mantra Augustans live by.
- AUGUSTA, I LOVE YOU
- 943 Ellis Street, Augusta GA 30901
Pivot 180⁰ and you’ll find the BASEBALL SCOREBOARD mural, a blank canvas for you to channel your inner Ty Cobb and pose for a selfie.
Looking for a little bit of funk? Look no further! Music icon James Brown brought the funk to Augusta, and three Augusta artists are keeping it alive and well with this bold + proud + imperative mural at the corner of Broad and 9th aka James Brown Boulevard.
- KEEP DOWNTOWN AUGUSTA FUNKY by Jason Craig @jasonthe29th , Leonard Porkchop Zimmerman @pantone811 + April Henry King @aprilhenryking
- old Woolworth’s building
- 802 Broad Street, Augusta GA 30901
Inside Humanitree House you will find African-centric allegorical murals by artist + owner, Baruti Tucker, who paints only with his fingers.
While here, enjoy the chill vibes + amazing vegan food + restorative fresh-pressed juices + provocative art.
- murals by Baruti Tucker @official.brothab
- Humanitree House restaurant + art gallery
- 305 8th Street, Augusta GA 30901
At the corner of 8th and Greene you will find the golden Jessye Norman School of the Arts.
In the rear courtyard of the JNSA is a 32-foot by 70-foot mural of a young girl releasing butterflies.
- Girl with Butterflies by Jay Jacobs @jayjacobsart
- Jessye Norman School of the Arts
- 739 Greene Street, Augusta GA 30901
Take note of the young girl’s lashes and beaming smile. They are a nod to world renowned opera singer Jessye Norman, a native of Augusta.
On the east wall of the 571 building on Greene Street you will find this colorful + mammoth representation of the trains that run through our city on the tracks just 50 yards away.
Hildebrandt’s German-inspired delicatessen has been serving Augusta heaping helpings of Southern hospitality since 1879. You will find this mural on the Ellis Street side of the building.
- Hildebrandt’s restaurant
- 226 6th Street, Augusta, GA 30901
1.7 million bottles or cans are brewed annually within the walls of the 16,000+ square foot Savannah River Brewing Co. Outside, however, is a flash the bold flagship lettering by artist April Henry King.
- SAVANNAH RIVER BREWING CO by April Henry King @aprilhenryking
- Savannah River Brewing Co.
- 813 5th Street, Augusta GA 30901
If you are hoping to get a selfie (or an ussie) with the Godfather of Soul, here is your chance.
- William Murrell & Associates
- 516 Broad Street, Augusta GA 30901
- Discotheque Lounge
- 533 Broad Street #1496 Augusta, GA 30901
Travel from downtown Augusta across the 13th Street Bridge to North Augusta, SC for two must-see murals.
The Sno-Cap Drive-In is a 1960’s inspired restaurant with indoor tables + drive-in service.
You may feel an urge to strap on your roller skates at this landmark carhop diner. The inviting mural is sure to tempt you to enjoy some of the yummy burgers + other American eats .
- SNO-CAP DRIVE-IN mural by April Henry King @aprilhenryking
- Sno-Cap Drive-In restaurant
- 618 West Ave, North Augusta SC 29841
Earn your wings by posing with this mural inside the park.
- AUGGIE WINGS by April Henry King @aprilhenryking
- SRP PARK
- 187 Railroad Avenue, North Augusta SC 29841
Recreate your favorite Masters tournament moment or create your own! All this putting green mural on the left side of 1326 Reynolds Street needs is YOU!
- Kamo Manufacturing Company
- 1326 Reynolds Street, Augusta GA 30901
As you leave downtown, you’ll find this mural on the north wall of the bicycle shop.
- LOVE WHERE YOU LIVE AUGUSTA by Brian Stewart @stewartist613
- Andy Jordan’s Bicycle Warehouse
- 527 13th Street, Augusta GA 30901
This mural’s celebratory message is the perfect salute to Downtown Augusta as you head south in search of more color!
At the intersection of 15th Street and R.A Dent Boulevard, you’ll find this 20 foot-high panoramic mural on the east side of the Rosa T. Beard Memorial Bridge, a project of the Greater Augusta Arts Council.
On the mural you will find an eagle, the mascot of T.W. Josey High School; an American flag; a young couple and a young child imagining their future;
and a symbolic Georgia peach tree representing many aspects of the community.
- THE BEST LEGS IN TOWN
- Crab King
- 2301 Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard, Augusta GA 30901
At the corner of Laney-Walker and Pine in one of Augusta’s historic districts is this gem.
This mural highlights four prominent educational, business, and cultural luminaries who flourished in the South despite Jim Crow laws.
- GOLDEN BLOCKS LEGACY MURAL by Audrey Sala Adenike Jeter-Allen
- old Pilgrim Insurance Annex Building
- 1143 Laney Walker Boulevard, Augusta GA 30901
Find this psychedelic mushroom mural at
- Southbound Smokehouse Central
- 1855 Central Avenue, Augusta GA 30904
- WELCOME TO AUGUSTA by Jason Craig @jasonthe29th
- Indian Queen bar
- 2502 Wrightsboro Road, Augusta GA 30904
If ‘Grammable photo ops are what you are seeking, you are about to win the mural lottery.
At the intersection of Wrightsboro Road and Highland Avenue is the Art Factory’s colorful mural project featuring art by Cyndy Epps, Joseph Hart, Steve Krecskay, Steve Snyder, Brian Stewart, Richard Worth, Russ Bonin and Raoul Pacheco.
On the Highland Avenue wall are murals of the Savannah River.
On the Wrightsboro Road wall, six river region artists created water-themed art, including a robot in an inner tube by Leonard Porkchop Zimmerman.
- Augusta Utilities – Highland Avenue Water Treatment Plant
- 2835 Central Avenue, Augusta GA 30909
WARNING: you are about to be star-struck. Celebrity sightings abound at Jackie M and Sons.
Snap selfies with Whitney Houston, Prince, Michael Jackson and Little Richard (not pictured: Aretha Franklin)
After all this fanfare, stop in for an amazing lunch (be sure to get the Koo-Aid).
- The Legends Mural is by Aort Reed @aort1982
- Jackie M’s + Son
- 3308 Milledgeville Road, Augusta GA 30909
A myriad of ocean life snapshots adorn the seafood restaurant at the top of Wrightsboro Road.
- ocean life by Michel Moon
- Harbor Inn Seafood restaurant
- 3404 Wrightsboro Road, Augusta GA 30909
Check out one of the most beautiful chickens ever at Frog and the Hen during business hours.
- EAT DRINK AND BE LOCAL by Maria Kyles @mariakyles_atl
- Frog and the Hen Market and Eatery
- 466 Flowing Wells Rd Ste#4 , Martinez GA 30907
Coming soon to Abel Brown…
Good luck on your hunt for Augusta’s best walls! Follow @nakedepicurean on Instagram for more great things to see, do + eat in Augusta.