This Lemony Creme + White Chocolate Trifle is almost too pretty to eat! ALMOST.
When the weather starts to get balmy (and stays that way for 5 months), my go to relief is LEMONS. I love lemons. I also love trifle. I do not love baking. There. I said it. I DO NOT BAKE.
Suffice it to say, my favorite kind of dessert is a no-bake dessert. Hence, this Lemony Creme + White Chocolate Trifle.
Trifles are always a win because they look so elegant without a lot of fuss. You do not even have to turn on the oven to make this gorgeous citrusy delight. All you have to do is ASSEMBLE!
Fresh, aromatic lemony flavor comes at you by way of the lemony creme and lemony syrup and lemony zest. Layer upon velvety layer of deliciousness, topped with sweet white chocolate, make this towering beauty the perfect summer dessert.
But wait! There’s more! On top of those tiny chunks of white chocolate you have a variety of garnishes: fresh or candied citrus, herbs, dried edible flowers, berries…you are only limited by your imagination!
This fabulous Lemony Creme + White Chocolate Trifle may well become your favorite party/reunion/baby shower/impress the mother-in-law dessert, especially when you realize how easy it is to assemble. (It will be our secret.)
In case you’re wondering, Lemony Creme + White Chocolate Trifle pairs beautifully with effervescent wines.
If you make this Lemony Creme + White Chocolate Trifle, I’d love to hear about it! Leave a message below and tag #nakedepicurean on Instagram so we can celebrate together!
Lemony Creme + White Chocolate Trifle (for 12)
- 2 lemon pound cake loaves or 1 lemon bundt cake, cut into 1-inch cubes
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice + lemon zest (reserve for later)
- 1 box Dream Whip (you’ll use both packages)
- 3 cups very cold whole milk, divided
- 2 3.4 ounce boxes instant lemon pudding mix
- 16 ounces frozen whipped topping
- ¼ cup white chocolate morsels, coarsely chopped
- fresh lemon slices
- candied citrus
- sprigs of fresh herbs
- lemon zest
- edible flowers
- fresh berries
1. Create the lemony syrup by heating the granulated sugar and lemon juice in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved; set aside to cool.
2. In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to whip 2 cups of milk and Dream Whip together for about 5 minutes or until soft peaks form.
3. Create the lemony creme by adding both packages of lemon pudding and remaining cup of milk. Whip for 2-3 minutes until thickened.
4. Assemble the trifle by adding half the cubed cake to the bottom of the bowl. Push down ever so gently to make it a tad bit compact. Drizzle half the lemony syrup over the cubes of cake. Add a layer of lemony creme and half of the whipped topping. Repeat with cake, the drizzle, lemony creme and whipped topping.
5. Sprinkle the top with grated white chocolate and garnish(es) of choice.
6. Chill thoroughly—about 4 hours—prior to serving.