Mexican Three-Way* BLT Dip
Looking for something that will satisfy everyone? Try this Mexican Three-Way BLT Dip. Your group will keep coming back for more! You may need to double this recipe if you want it to last—it will practically disappear before your eyes!
With this combination of flavors no one will guess this colorful dip is so simple. And it is so very versatile:
- Option 1: mouthwatering Mexican BLT Dip
- Option 2: flavorfully gluten free
- Option 3: veritably satisfying vegetarian version
*Hence the name Mexican Three-Way BLT Dip.
I keep the ingredients for this dip on hand because I can whip this up in no time and easily adapt it to my guests’ dietary preferences. Sometimes I add sliced black olives which I did not include in the list of ingredients. As with so many of my recipes, you can modify the measurements below to make your best version of this dip.
For Option 1, simply follow the recipe below for the mouthwatering Mexican BLT Dip for bacon lovers. Here’s a great trick: Fold in the equivalent of 1 slice of bacon crumbles to the cream cheese mixture. If you have time, make this dip in advance for maximum bacon flavor infusion.
For Option 2, sub salsa for the taco seasoning to make a flavorful gluten free version. Simply spread about ¼ cup salsa over the cream cheese mixture before adding toppings.
For Option 3, skip the bacon. When I do this, I add the entire taco seasoning packet (1 ounce/4 tablespoons) for the savory vegetarian version.
Spread the dip into a glass pie dish or a deep luncheon plate. Then sprinkle any or all garnishes on top. Serve with colorful tortilla chips . The Man likes scoops because, well, he’s The Man.
If you like this Mexican Three-Way, I’d love to hear about it! Leave comments and tag your Insta photos #nakedepicurean so we can celebrate together!
INGREDIENTS-ish (for 6-8)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ packet taco seasoning mix (about 2 tablespoons-ish)
- ½-ish cup shredded cheddar or a mix of cheeses
- 1-ish cup chopped Romaine lettuce
- 1 large tomato or a handful of grape tomatoes, diced
- 8 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled*
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- tortilla chips
1. In a medium sized bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, and taco seasoning until smooth. (Use a hand mixer if you like.) Fold in the equivalent of 1 slice of bacon crumbles.
2. Spread cream cheese mixture into a small, flat bottomed dish. Sprinkle the lettuce, tomatoes, bacon and green onions on top.
3. Chill until ready to serve.