Once you eat these nuts, you may never stop.
These nuts will rock your world. Period. This is a fun medley of nuts daubed in a spicy + salty + sweet + herby butter. They are great to have on hand—perfect as a hostess gift, a go-to staple to have around for drop-in holiday guests, or as a little snack perched on your bar.
Choose a variety of nuts. Each nut will bring its own personality to this mélange.
- hazelnuts (filberts) are distinctively sweet, buttery and crunchy
- cashews have a smooth, creamy taste
- almonds are chewy and sweet (Marconas? omg)
- pecans have a creamy, buttery flavor
- walnuts are oily and crunchy
- Brazil nuts are creamy, oily, crunchy
- and peanuts (ahem, legumes posing as nuts) are hearty
Enjoy these with a sparkling glass of Prosecco–or two.
I would love to hear what you do with your nuts! Tag #nakedepicurean in Instagram so we can celebrate together!
INGREDIENTS (serve 6-8–ish)
- 4 cups unsalted mixed nuts (peanuts, cashews, Brazil nuts, hazelnuts, walnuts, pecans & almonds)
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh rosemary (about two sprigs)
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons sea salt flakes
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350º
- Spread nuts on a baking sheet. Toast in the oven about 10 minutes (till they become light golden-brown).
- In a large bowl, combine the rosemary, cayenne, sugar, salt & melted butter.
- Toss the toasted nuts in the spiced butter and serve warm.